Having trouble downloading your own GIF Image and want to add it to a album on your Google Photos or to your Flickr portfolio or maybe, you just want to add the image to your GIPHY profile, like me?
Well, here is a quick and easy way to do it but you need to be at a computer and not on a mobile phone, as mobile browser's can not open up view-source pages. Shame really.
Here's the guide:
- Find your tweet URL as a number (example: https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/number )
- Visit the link on your computer with your tweet number instead (example: view-source:https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/number?embed_source=clientlib&player_id=0&rpc_init=1 )
- Look for the tweet video URL as a .mp4 file format with the video code address included and copy the link (example: https://video.twimg.com/tweet_video/code.mp4 - change the word code with your own video code )
- Create or login to your free GIPHY profile at http://www.giphy.com/ and visit the page Create (click the link will open it from here in a new window) on your computer (can be done on mobile using Chrome App and visiting the page link at http://giphy.com/create/gifmaker and opening up the three dots menu ( ••• ) and selecting View Desktop Site, copy your video link and pasting it in the browse box provided)
- That's it, that's all you needed to do. Now you have your GIF image on your GIPHY profile and you can now share it on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Facebook Messenger, Facebook Messenger For Mobile and other supporting social networks and applications. Enjoy!
You can view my awesome GIFs at http://warrenwoodhouse.webs.com/gifs