The full guide to The Freedom Trail, even for use outside of the game.
Guide By: Warren Woodhouse
Maps By: Warren Woodhouse
- Locations: Undiscovered Locations (if any), The Freedom Trail Locations & The Railroad HQ
- Trophy: Tradecraft
- Companion: Deacon
Road To Freedom
Part 1 Of 2
Part 2 Of 2
Listen to the guys in the alleyway in Diamond City to begin the Quest “Road To Freedom”. Make sure you pick up the “Join The Railroad” Holotape from inside one of the rooms at The Dugout Inn in Diamond City.
Head towards Boston Common by following the Main Road at the northern tip of Diamond City by going east, this will take you to Boston Common. At Boston Common, kill SWANN during the Unmarked Quest “SWANN”.
At the other end of the Park is the Tour Guide. Speak to the Tour Guide to hear a brief history on the battle that took place there. Then you’ll find a golden circle on the path with a marker that was painted using Red Paint. Select this to hear a Code, the Code will be useful for the last part of this Quest.
Follow the red bricked path through the Financial District & North End District, making sure you select the Code Marker at locations that have them. Complete the puzzle in the Basement of the last location to complete the Quest.
- 3rd St, Diamond City | Guys talk about The Railroad Faction. Quest “Road To Freedom” begins.
- The Dugout Inn, Diamond City | “Join The Railroad” Holotape found inside one of the rooms at The Dugout Inn. Picking up the Holotape first begins the Quest.
1. NPS Boston Common | Code: 7A
2. Massachusetts “New” State House | Code: 4L
3. NPS Old Granary Burying Ground | Code: 2A
4. Massachusetts “Old” State House (Goodneighbor) | Code: 6O
5. Old Corner Bookstore | Code: 3I
6. Faneuil Hall | Code: 5R
7. Paul Revere House | Code: 8D
8. Old North Church | Code: 1R
Enter Old North Church, kill all of the Ghouls and enter the code in the puzzle found in the Basement. Because the Quest is about The Railroad Faction, Press the following in the puzzle making sure that the puzzle moves clockwise.
Code: R A I L R O A D
Code (with numbers)
Code spells RAILROAD. Inside the Basement of the Old North Church is a Freedom Trail Marker (puzzle) that acts as a Safe Tumbler. Press one of each Code in this order, including the clockwise pattern from 1 to 6 from 6 to 12, the Code is: R A I L R O A D and then press the Switch to unlock the Secret Door to The Railroad HQ.
Completing the puzzle completes the Quest.
The Freedom Trail
- Tour Guide at NPS Boston Common: Tremont St
1. NPS Boston Common: Tremont St
2. MBTA Park Street Station: Park St
3. Massachusetts “New” State House: Beacon St
4. Park Street Church: Park St
5. NPS Old Granary Burying Ground: Tremont St
6. Old South Meeting House: Milk St
7. Benjamin Franklin’s Birthplace: Milk St
8. First School Of Boston: School St
9. New-England Courant Newspaper Building: Franklin Ave & State St
10. Massachusetts “Old” State House: State St
11. Site Of The Boston Massacre: State St
12. New-England Holocaust Memorial: add
13. Old Corner Bookstore: Washington St
14. Sam Adams Statue: Merchants Row
15. Faneuil Hall: Merchants Row
16. Custom House: add
17. Long Wharf: Long Wharf
18. Paul Revere House: North Sq
19. Paul Revere Mall: Paul Revere Mall
20. Old North Church: Salem St
21. NPS Copps Hill Burying Ground: add
22. Charlestown Patriot Bridge: Charlestown Patriot Brdg
23. Bunker Hill Monument: Monument Sq
24. First Church Of Boston: Putnam St
25. Charlestown Navy Yard: add
26. U.S.S. Constitution: add
27. First Library Of Boston: add
Historic Boston Trail
The Irish Historic Trail
The Womens Historic Trail
The Black Historic Trail